Really Good Chicken And Noodle SoupFrom dmajor 2 years ago
- 1 ½ pounds chicken tenders, cut into small bite size pieces shopping list
- 2 stalks celery with leaves, chopped shopping list
- 1 onion, chopped shopping list
- 2 cloves garlic, minced shopping list
- 1 can cream of celery soup shopping list
- 4 tablespoons dry chicken base(or bouillon)Adjust to desire taste shopping list
- 12 cups water or chicken stock(if using chicken stock delete dry chicken base) shopping list
- 1 tablespoon italian seasoning spice shopping list
- 1 teaspoon dried sage or poultry seasoning shopping list
- 4 oz. cream cheese, softened shopping list
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder shopping list
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt shopping list
- ½ teaspoon cracked black pepper shopping list
- 1 package Knorr brand leek soup shopping list
- ½ package dumpling style egg noodles or other noodles shopping list
- 2 potatoes, peeled and cubed shopping list
- 6 carrots, cut into big chunks shopping list
How to make it
- In a large soup pot, bring water, chicken tenders, onion, celery, garlic, potatoes, and carrots to a boil.
- Cook for 8 to 10 minutes.
- Stir in chicken base, seasonings, and noodles and continue to cook for 6 to 8 minutes.
- Lower heat to a med/low and add soup mix and canned soup, continue to cook for 5 minutes.
- Mix a little of the broth with the cream cheese to melt.
- Stir in the cream cheese to pot and Continue to cook 5 to 10 minutes or lower to simmer.
- At this stage you could place soup in Crock pot and allow to simmer on low until ready to serve.
- Check spices and adjust to taste.
- This soup gets more flavorful the longer you simmer but the noodles may become too soggy.
- I would suggest if you want to simmer it for a long time then add noodles later(or you can add cooked noodles at the end before serving)
The Cookdmajor Slidell, LA
- Not added to any groups yet!