Taro Paste FillingsFrom Yinhomemade 4 years ago
How to make it
- 1.Discard taro skin, try to get rid of the hard skin else paste will not be fine and smooth.
- 2. Cut into pieces and steam until soft. Test the steamed taro by using a chopstick or fork if taro breaks easily, taro is cooked.
- 3. Mash or blend the steamed taro when hot. If Taro gets cool down, mashed taro has more particles texture not so smooth.
- 4. Blend until taro feels fine and smooth without particles feeling.
- 5. Add in sugar and vegetable oil into a pot and cook over the stove
- 6. Stir and cook the mixture for about 15-20 minutes.
- 7. When the mixture turns into dough form and not so sticky, paste is ready.
- 8. Cool down and leave aside to serve as moon cake fillings.
- Choose bigger Taro, the bigger the better. Test freshness of Taro by scribing the bottom of the taro, if powdery feeling the Taro is good.
People Who Like This Dish 0
- Yinhomemade North Shore City, New Zealand
- Show up here?Review or Bookmark it! ✔
The CookYinhomemade North Shore City, New Zealand
- Not added to any groups yet!