PemmicanFrom troutwhisperer 2 years ago
- --Okay now you need 5 ounces of suet shopping list
- 1 lb dried venison or beef- Jerky --whatever you choose, (go easy on the greasy or overly salty styles of commercially processed) shopping list
- 2 tbspn brown sugar shopping list
- 2 oz dried raisins shopping list
- 2 oz dried cranberries(most dried fruits work) shopping list
How to make it
- First you’re going to need to make some suet
- Grind, chop or dice beef fat. Only clean white fat,
- Heat the fat over a low- slow flame until it’s liquefied.
- Strain it by pouring -while still very warm- through fine cheesecloth.
- Let it cool and harden.
- Cool it and cool it slowly in flat wide low glass pans
- Repeat steps 2-3.
- --Needs to be Rendered twice or the suet will not cake properly.
- Let it cool again slowly-to harden- and store covered in the freezer.
- Chop dice or grind the jerky
- Mix jerky with sugar, raisins, and cranberries
- In a meatloaf pan- cover with the warm suet
- Let harden in fridge.
- You can make suet trays, form suet balls, just make serving sizes you like
- Suet- is very high energy food
- Suet -is not to be confused with cooked meat drippings
- Suet …you can add to it….dried shaved nuts also.
- The trout whisperer
People Who Like This Dish 1
- mark555 Center Of The World Ma' Center Of The World, KS
- troutwhisperer Two Harbors, MN
- Show up here?Review or Bookmark it! ✔
The Cooktroutwhisperer Two Harbors, MN
- Not added to any groups yet!