Soba Salad With Chicken In Sake/Onion DressingFrom alisdhair 4 years ago
- 2 lbs. of chicken breast meat shopping list
- 1 tsp. each of chopped garlic and ginger shopping list
- 2 tsp. of Chinese five spice shopping list
- 1/4 cup of light oil shopping list
- 3 tbls. of sweet teryaki sauce shopping list
- ---SALAD--- shopping list
- 12 oz. of soba noodles (made from buckwheat) shopping list
- 1 large carrot shopping list
- 1 large cucumber shopping list
- 1 cup of baby corn shopping list
- Half a small napa cabbage shopping list
- 1 bunch of scallions shopping list
- 5 oz. of the ubiquitous shitake mushrooms shopping list
- 1 large red bell pepper shopping list
- ---DRESSING--- shopping list
- 1/3 cup of rice vinegar shopping list
- 2 tbls. of soy sauce shopping list
- 2 tsp. sugar shopping list
- 3 tsp. of sake shopping list
- 1 smaller sized white onion shopping list
- 1 tsp. of ginger (minced very finely) shopping list
- 2/3 cup of very good quality vegetable oil shopping list
- 2 tbls. of sesame oil shopping list
- salt, white pepper shopping list
How to make it
- FOR THE SALAD: Marinate the chicken in the four ingredients listed right beneath it above. Char grill it and cut it into short but wide thin pieces. If that makes sense.
- Cook the noodles to whatever your definition of al dente is – keeping in mind though that they should be fully cooked but firm. Cool them at once beneath running water and drain them well.
- Shred the carrot into a very thin julienne. Cut the cucumber into thin slices and then those slices into thin strips. Cut the cabbage likewise into a thin shred. The scallions, cut at a long bias and the mushrooms need be de-stemmed and sliced thinly. Plunge both the cabbage and mushrooms into boiling water for a few minutes to limpify them slightly and cool them also at once as you did the noodles. Clean the pepper and cut it in fashion to match the carrots. Cut the baby corn into quarters, lengthwise.
- FOR THE DRESSING: Chop the onion very small. Deeply caramelise it in some of the vegetable oil.
- Simply whisk everything which is not oil into that which is oil to create only a loose emulsification. Season with the salt (light) and the white pepper.
- TO FINISH: Completely integrate the chicken and the vegetables into the noodles and keep the lot chilled. No more than 20 minutes before being served should you massage the dressing into the salad.
The Cookalisdhair Falcarragh, IE
- Not added to any groups yet!