Oatmeal Breakfast CookiesFrom ajroche 4 years ago
- 1/2 mashed banana (about 1 large) shopping list
- 1/2 cup natural peanut butter (or non peanut) shopping list
- 1/2 cup honey shopping list
- 2 tsp vanilla shopping list
- 1 cup rolled oats shopping list
- 1/4 cup whole wheat flour shopping list
- 1/4 cup ground flax seed (or an add’l 1/4c flour) shopping list
- 1/4 cup nonfat milk or vanilla protein powder (+2TB of water if dough is too thick) shopping list
- 2 tsp ground cinnamon shopping list
- 1/2 tsp baking soda shopping list
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries or raisins shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Lightly coat two cookie sheets with cooking spray; set aside.
- In a large bowl, stir together banana, peanut butter, honey, and vanilla.
- In a small bowl, combine oats, flour, ground flax, milk powder, cinnamon, and baking soda.
- Stir the oat mixture into the banana mixture until combined. Stir in dried cranberries.
- Using a ¼-cup measuring cup, drop mounds of dough 3 inches apart on prepared cookie sheets. With a thin metal or small plastic spatula dipped in water, flatten and spread each mound of dough to a 2¾-inch round, about ½ inch thick.
- Bake, one sheet at a time, for 14 to 16 minutes or until browned. Transfer to wire racks to cool completely.
- Store in an airtight container or resealable plastic bag for up to 3 days or freeze for up to 2 months; thaw before serving.