Lamb Tagine With CouscousFrom jennymorrow 4 years ago
- 1 onion, thinly sliced shopping list
- 1tsp ground coriander shopping list
- 1 tsp ground cumin shopping list
- 1tsp ground ginger shopping list
- 1 tsp dried thyme shopping list
- 2 tbsp sunflower oil shopping list
- 900g boneless lamb, cut into 2.5cm cubes ( shoulder is good) shopping list
- 2 tbsp plain flour shopping list
- 300ml orange juice shopping list
- 600ml chicken stock shopping list
- salt and pepper shopping list
- mint leaves to garnish shopping list
- for the couscous shopping list
- 200g couscous shopping list
- chicken stock to cover shopping list
How to make it
- 1) Put the onion, coriander,cumin,ginger,thyme, and 1tbsp of the oil in a large bowl, the mix in the lamb. Cover and refrigerate for at least hrs.
- 2) Preheat the oven to 160C. Put the flour in a small bowl and slowly stir in the orange juice until a smooth paste, then set aside.
- 3) Heat the remaining oil in the tagine, over high heat. Add the lamb mixture and fry, stirring frequently until browned approx 5 min.
- 4) Stir in the flour mixture with the stock. Bring to the boil, stirring, remove from stove top, cover with lid, place in the oven for 1hr 20 min, or until the lamb is tender.
- 5) Meanwhile, put the couscous in a large heat proof bowl and pour over boiling chicken stock, cover and let stand for 10 min.
- 6) When lamb is tender, taste add seasoning if necessary. Sprinkle with mint leaves and serve with the hot couscous
People Who Like This Dish 0
- jennymorrow Australia, Umina
- Show up here?Review or Bookmark it! ✔
The Cookjennymorrow Australia, Umina
- Not added to any groups yet!