Chorizo, Red Pepper & Lentil SoupFrom danthecook 3 years ago
- Half a chorizo (about 125g), papery skin removed and chopped into small chunks shopping list
- 1 Medium onion, peeled and roughly chopped shopping list
- 2 cloves of garlic, peeled and roughly chopped shopping list
- 2 Sticks of celery, washed, trimmed and roughly chopped shopping list
- 1 Large red pepper (bell pepper), washed, seeded and roughly chopped shopping list
- 500ml Good chicken or vegetable stock shopping list
- 125g red lentils, washed shopping list
- 1 Tablespoon of mild olive oil shopping list
- A few celery leaves, washed and very finely chopped shopping list
How to make it
- 1. Heat the oil in a medium/large saucepan and throw in the chorizo. I really like a little spice with mine so I use a Chorizo Piccante but you can use normal chorizo if you wish.
- 2. Heat the chorizo through, without fiercely frying it, until it starts to release its paprika laden oils.
- 3. Add in the onion, garlic, celery and red pepper.
- 4. Fry on a medium heat for about 5 or 10 minutes until the vegetables have softened but make sure they don't take on too much colour. You don't want the onions to brown.
- 5. Add in the stock and bring to the boil.
- 6. After washing the lentils add them to the pan and reduce the heat to a low simmer. Cook for about 30 minutes until the lentils are really soft.
- 7. Turn off the heat and cool for 5 minutes or so before liquidising with a stick-blender or food processor.
- 8. Check for seasoning, though depending on the chorizo you may not need to add any more salt or pepper.
- 9. If you have them, add in some finely chopped celery leaves and stir through.
- This soup will keep for up to three days in the fridge. When serving, heat through gently but do not boil.
The Cookdanthecook Orpington, UK
- Not added to any groups yet!