Tempeh ReubensFrom Cad021 3 years ago
- For the Sundried tomato cashew Spread: shopping list
- 1/2 cup cashews shopping list
- 1/3 cup sundried tomatoes packed in oil, drained (about 8 ) shopping list
- 1 cup water shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon salt shopping list
- For the tempeh filling: shopping list
- 1 lb tempeh shopping list
- 2 tablespoons olive oil shopping list
- 1 medium yellow onion, diced medium shopping list
- 1 teaspoon caraway seeds shopping list
- 3 cloves garlic, minced shopping list
- fresh black pepper shopping list
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce shopping list
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice (from 1/2 a lemon) shopping list
- To assemble: shopping list
- 1 1/2 cup sauerkraut shopping list
How to make it
- For the Cashew Sundried Tomato Spread:
- Soak the cashew in water to get them as creamy as possible. Just place them in a bowl and cover in water for at least an hour. Drain when ready to use. It’s a good idea to do this a day in advance so that it comes together quickly when you’re ready.
- Add drained cashews and sundried tomatoes to a food processor and pulse to chop everything up. Drizzle in water and puree until completely smooth. Place in fridge until ready to use. This thickens a lot as it sets.
- For the tempeh:
- Crumble tempeh into bite sized pieces, place in a small saute pan and add enough water to cover, plus a splash of soy sauce (about a tablespoon). Cover and bring to a boil. Let boil for about 5 minutes. Drain and set aside.
- In the meantime, saute the onion in the olive oil for about 7 minutes. Add the caraway, garlic and black pepper and saute for a minute more.
- Toss in the tempeh and saute for 10 minutes or so, until nicely browned. Mash the tempeh a bit while you’re cooking it. Drizzle in the soy sauce and lemon juice, and mix well. Taste for salt.
- Remove tempeh from the pan and place in a bowl. Let it cool just to the point where it has stopped steaming. Give it a toss every now and again to help speed it a long, it should be about 15 minutes.
- Mix 1/2 a cup of the cashew spread into the tempeh mixture and mash it up. Taste for salt and pepper.
- Ok, now we’re going to form the triangles. Now, everyone has a different way of folding phyllo. I suppose
People Who Like This Dish 0
- Cad021 Nowhere, Us
- Show up here?Review or Bookmark it! ✔
The CookCad021 Nowhere, Us
- Not added to any groups yet!