Deviled ChickenFrom choclytcandy 3 years ago
- 1 (3-pound) chicken shopping list
- cooking oil or butter shopping list
- sea salt shopping list
- white pepper shopping list
- Devil Sauce: shopping list
- 3-4 small onions, minced shopping list
- 1 large clove garlic, crushed shopping list
- bouquet garni which includes 1 parsley stalk, a bay leaf, 2 sprigs thyme, 1 sprig marjoram. Tie in muslin or a cheesecloth. shopping list
- 2+ cups chicken stock (Homemade or can) shopping list
- 1/8 tsp white pepper shopping list
- 3 tbs butter shopping list
- 3 tbs flour shopping list
- 1/4 tsp curry powder shopping list
- 1 tbs water shopping list
- several drops of worcestershire sauce to taste shopping list
- 1 tbs tomato puree shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line roasting pan with foil. Brush chicken with oil. Sprinkle lightly with salt and pepper. Cover chicken loosely with foil; do not seal. Bake for 1 hr 30 min or until tender. Cool enough to handle.
- Remove and discard skin. Separate chicken into serving portions. Serve with Devil sauce.
- Devil Sauce:
- Place onions, garlic, Bouquet Garni, 2 cups chicken stock and pepper in a small saucepan. Simmer for 20 min. Measure liquidthen add enough stock to make 2 cups sauce.
- Melt butter in small saucepan: blend flour. Add stock mixture gradually stirring until smooth.
- In a small bowl, combine curry powder, and water stirring to make a paste.
- Add curry paste, Worcestershire sauce and tomato puree to sauce. Cook, stirring frequently until thick and smooth. Serve over warm chicken.
The Cookchoclytcandy IN
- Not added to any groups yet!