Easy Phyllo Crab QuicheFrom ttaaccoo 4 years ago
- 1 pkg. 8 ounce"crab classic" imitation crab or real will work too!! shopping list
- 2 fresh tomatoes, chopped shopping list
- handful fresh basil, torn nicely shopping list
- 4 cloves garlic, chopped shopping list
- 2 Tablespoons of a fresh hot pepper, minced shopping list
- 2 cups fresh mushrooms shopping list
- 1cup chopped green bell pepper, half sauteed with mushrooms and 1/2 kept fresh shopping list
- 3 scallions shopping list
- 1/2 cup finely chopped yellow onion shopping list
- 4 eggs shopping list
- 1/2 cup chicken broth shopping list
- 1 tsp., onion powder shopping list
- 3/4 cup grated soy mozzarella shopping list
- phyllo sheets about 10 shopping list
- non-stick spray shopping list
- 2 Tablespoons melted butter-easier with a pastry brush shopping list
How to make it
- First line up a baking pan. I used a 10- ish inch square pyrex dish. One liberal spray with no-stick. Next, layer the filo with a spray on each, 4 -6 layers.of filo. Spray again on top of filo. Set aside.
- Set the oven for 350 degrees F.
- Saute the mushrooms and 1/2 cup green pepper, 5 - 10 mins after the mushrooms lose their liquid. Set aside to cool.
- Collect in a mixing bowl the veggies and wannabe crab. Incorporate sauteed veggies, and arrange filling pieces on the filo crust.
- (I held out the tomatoes and cheese to position on top on the filling. (Soy cheese doesn't melt as well as real cheese often, and tomatoes are super juicy and beautiful too, and they make that fake cheese become gooey!)
- Mix the eggs and broth together, include the onion powder and pour over the filling .
- Top Layer:
- Layer balance of filo sheets in four layers. (Don't worry if a sheet is torn, it gives extra crunch!! use it all and cover the whole top., spraying or using the melted butter on each of the top filo layers which I did.
- Bake about an hour, or until golden and a long toothpick comes out clean. After about 50 minutes, I turned my oven up to 370 and it colored out beautifully, and the eggs were cooked.
The Cookttaaccoo Buffalo, NY
- Not added to any groups yet!