Paul Miller's Steak Au PoivreFrom summerhillie 5 years ago
- 2 each serving size steaks shopping list
- butter to fry steaks in shopping list
- 3 tablespoons butter shopping list
- 1/2 pint fresh cream shopping list
- 1 teaspoon prepared mustard shopping list
- 1 tablespoon ketchup shopping list
- cracked black pepper shopping list
- 3 glugs of brandy shopping list
- 1 tablespoon worcestershire sauce shopping list
How to make it
- Press the cracked black pepper into the steaks.
- Cook the steaks in the butter in a skillet. When cooked to taste, remove and keep warm in foil.
- Remove all but 5 tablespoons of pan drippings. To this add the 3 tablespoons of butter, 1/2 pint fresh cream stirring all the time until well mixed.
- Add the 1 teaspoon of mustard and the 1 tablespoon ketchup.
- Let simmer till slightly thicken, then add the 3 glugs of brandy (tip the bottle of brandy and when you hear 3 glugs - stop). Stir in the tablespoon of Worcestershire sauce.
- Place the steaks into the mixture, spoon the sauce over them until the sauce is the consistency of table cream.
- Serve immediately.