Thukpa-tibetan Soupy NoodlesFrom sm8085 3 years ago
- 2 cups rice noodles shopping list
- 1/2 Kg chicken breasts, cut into very thin 1/8 inch slices shopping list
- 1/2 cup carrots, thinly sliced shopping list
- 1/2 cup red bell peppers, thinly sliced shopping list
- 1/2 cup celery, thinly sliced shopping list
- 1 cup spinach, washed and cut into pieces shopping list
- 1 cup onions, chopped shopping list
- 1 Tbsp garlic, minced shopping list
- 1 Tbsp ginger, minced shopping list
- 1/2 tsp turmeric shopping list
- 1/2 tsp szechwan pepper shopping list
- 1/8 tsp asafetida powder shopping list
- 1 bay leaf shopping list
- 3 fresh chili peppers sliced shopping list
- 2 cups tomatoes, chopped shopping list
- 6 cups vegetable/chicken broth shopping list
- 2 Tbsp cooking oil shopping list
- salt and pepper to taste shopping list
- 1 Tbsp chopped cilantro (to garnish) shopping list
How to make it
- Cook noodles in boiling salted water until slightly undercooked.
- Drain and rinse.
- In a sauce pan heat two tablespoons of cooking oil.
- Add onions, fry till light brown.
- Add bay leaf, turmeric, garlic, ginger, chilies, schezwan pepper and asafetida.
- Stir well for a minute or so.
- Put the pieces of chicken and brown well.
- To the chicken mixture add tomatoes, broth, salt and pepper and cook until the chicken is tender.
- Add carrot, red bell pepper, celery and spinach; fold into the chicken soup mixture.
- Cook for a couple of minutes until the vegetables are tender.
- You may add more broth if a soupier consistency is desired.
- Adjust seasoning with salt and pepper.
- To serve, pour soup broth into a serving bowl and add the cooked rice noodles. Serve immediately.
- Add hot chili sauce or tomato chutney to the soup if you desire spicy soup broth.
- Garnish with chopped cilantro.
The Cooksm8085 Nowhere, Us
- Not added to any groups yet!