Momos-Nepali VersionFrom sm8085 4 years ago
- Dough for wrappers: shopping list
- 3 cups flour shopping list
- 1 tablespoon oil shopping list
- 1 cup water shopping list
- Pinch of salt shopping list
- Filling: shopping list
- 1 lb. lean ground lamb or chicken or pork shopping list
- 1 cup onion, finely chopped shopping list
- 1/2 cup green onion, finely chopped shopping list
- 1/2 cup cilantro, chopped shopping list
- 1 teaspoon garlic, minced shopping list
- 1 teaspoon fresh ginger, minced shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon szechwan pepper shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric shopping list
- 1 teaspoon cumin powder shopping list
- 1 teaspoon coriander powder shopping list
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper shopping list
- 3 fresh red chilies, minced shopping list
- salt to taste shopping list
How to make it
- In a large bowl combine flour, oil, salt and water. Mix well, knead until the dough becomes homogeneous in texture, about 8-10 min. Cover and let stand for at least 30 min. Knead well again before making wrappers.
- In a large bowl combine all filling ingredients. Mix well, adjust for seasoning with salt and pepper. Cover and refrigerate for at
- least an hour to allow all ingredients to impart their flavors.
- Give the dough a final knead. Prepare 1-in. dough balls. Take one of them and roll between your palms to spherical shape. Dust working board with dry flour. On the board gently flatten the ball with your palm to about 2-in circle. Make a few semi-flattened circles, cover with a bowl. Use a rolling pin to roll out each flattened circle into a wrapper. For well excecuted MOMOs, it is essential that the middle portion of the wrapper be slightly thicker than the edges to ensure the structural integrity of dumplings during packing and steaming. Hold the edges of the semi-flattened dough with one hand and with the other hand begin rolling the edges of the dough out, swirling a bit at a time. Continue until the wrapper attains 3-in diameter circular shape. Repeat with the remaining semi-flattened dough circles. Cover with a tea towel to prevent from drying. For packing hold wrapper on one palm, put one tablespoon of filling mixture and with the other hand bring all edges together to the center, making the pleats. Pinch and twist the pleats to ensure the absolute closure of the stuffed dumpling. This holds the key to good tasting, juicy dumplings. Heat up a steamer, oil the steamer rack well. This is critical because it will prevent dumplings from sticking. Arrange uncooked MOMOs in the steamer. Close the lid, and allow steaming until the dumplings are cooked through, about 10-15 min. Take the dumplings off the steamer, and serve immediately with tomato chutney.
The Cooksm8085 Nowhere, Us
- Not added to any groups yet!