Kfc Original Fried Chicken CloneFrom twill10 4 years ago
- Todd Wilbur's version of KFC® Original Recipe Fried Chicken* shopping list
- October 3, 2011 shopping list
- This recipe is for deep frying. If pressure frying, cooking time will be shortened to 12 to 14 minutes. shopping list
- 1 frying chicken cut into 8 pieces shopping list
- Brine shopping list
- 8 cups water shopping list
- 1/3 cup salt shopping list
- 1 tablespoon msg shopping list
- 6 to 10 cups soybean oil (vegetable oil) shopping list
- breading shopping list
- 9 ounces all-purpose flour shopping list
- 1 tablespoon plus 1 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 1 tablespoon msg (monosodium glutamate) shopping list
- 2 teaspoons granulated sugar shopping list
- 2 teaspoons ground tellicherry pepper shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon ground white pepper shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon ground savory shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon ground sage shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon ground majoram shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder shopping list
- 1/8 teaspoon garclic powder shopping list
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cayenne pepper shopping list
- Dredge shopping list
- 4 eggs shopping list
- 2 cups skim milk shopping list
How to make it
- 1. Dissolve 1/3 cup salt and 1 tablespoon MSG in 8 cups water. Add chicken and marinate for 2 hours. Remove chicken from brine, rinse with water and blot dry.
- 2. Heat oil in a deep fryer to 300° F.
- 3. Make the breading by combining all ingredients in a large bowl.
- 4. In a separate bowl, beat the eggs and then stir in the milk.
- 5. When the oil is hot, dip each piece of chicken in the egg and milk mixture and then press into the breading. Toss each chicken piece in the breading until well-coated, let chicken sit for 2 minutes in the breading, shake off the excess breading and fry 2 to 4 pieces at a time (or whatever your fryer can hold) for 18 to 20 minutes or until the chicken is golden brown. Drain chicken on a rack for at least 5 minutes before serving.
- If you want to keep the chicken warm until it's all cooked, place the fried pieces on a rack on a baking sheet and keep them in your oven set to 200° F.
- *Recipes by Todd Wilbur taken from CMT's Top Secret Recipe have not been reviewed for accuracy or endorsed by the applicable restaurant or food service provider.
The Cooktwill10 Cape Girardeau, MO
- Not added to any groups yet!