Bone Suckin' Disappearing Chicken Pot PieFrom ChefPatrickF 5 years ago
- Bone Suckin' poultry seasoning, 1 Tbsp. shopping list
- Bone Suckin' Sweet/Hot mustard, 1 tsp. shopping list
- chicken breast, 2, bones in skin on shopping list
- chicken broth, 1, 32 ounces shopping list
- butter, 1 stick shopping list
- All Purpose flour, 1 1/2 cups shopping list
- sea salt and pepper to taste shopping list
- mixed vegetables, 2 cups (carrots, peas and corn) shopping list
- red potatoes, 3 medium, skinned, cubed and cooked shopping list
- puff pastry, 1 sheet shopping list
- egg, 1, beaten shopping list
- water, 1 Tbsp. shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven 375˚
- Cook chicken breast in a crock pot on low for at least 3 hrs. (I like to cook it the night before.)
- Pull the cooked chicken from crock pot and strip chicken of all meat, put aside.
- Thaw the puff pastry and cut to fit a 13 x 9 casserole dish.
- In a stockpot, make a roux by melting butter and slowly whisking in flour, Bone Suckin' Sweet/Hot Mustard, Bone Suckin' Poultry Seasoning & Rub, salt and pepper until it is a thick paste. Whisk in chicken stock cup by cup until the roux mixture is semi thick and not too thin. (You may or may not use all of the chicken broth to get it to the consistency that you want.) Cook mixture on low for 15 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Add the chicken, vegetable mix and potatoes to the stockpot mixture and take off of the heat.
- In a 13x9 casserole dish ladle the vegetable and broth mixture until it is 1/2 full. Place the puff pastry on top of the mixture, combine egg and water in a small bowl, whisk and paint the egg wash onto dough. (This gives the puff pastry a shiny surface.) Cook pot pie in oven for 20 to 25 minutes. Serves 4.
- This recipe can also be made in small ramekins, to make individual pot pies.
- To order products, please visit BoneSuckin.com
The CookChefPatrickF Raleigh, NC
- Not added to any groups yet!