Liver PateFrom wendio 5 years ago
- 1 pound chicken livers shopping list
- 1 teaspoon Celtic sea salt shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper shopping list
- 1 teaspoon basil shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon ginger shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon thyme shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon sage shopping list
- 4 Tablespoons lard from a bone-in roast cooked in the crockpot shopping list
- 1/2 cup cooked fatty pieces from the bone-in roast shopping list
- 1/2 cup broth from bone-in roast shopping list
How to make it
- I put everything into a skillet and cooked it until the liver was completely done, and the broth was cooked down to almost gone. I let it cool for about 20 minutes then put half of it into my blender and blended it until it was completely mush, and did the same with the second half.
- It had a bit of a pudding texture to it, and I asked my oldest son to try it. He sniffed it and said, â€œWhatâ€™s that?â€ and I told him it was patÃ©. He agreed to taste it, and pour guy almost vomited from the taste. Sadly not having liver in the house all his life did not acclimate him to the taste and texture of liver. Perhaps he was expecting something more pudding-like as in something sweet?
- I refrigerated the patÃ© and it thickened nicely. I ate a couple of tablespoons daily until I realized that it might go bad before I could finish it, so I took a tablespoon measuring spoon and sectioned the remaining patÃ© into 1 tablespoon portions.
People Who Like This Dish 0
- wendio Leander, TX
- Show up here?Review or Bookmark it! ✔
The Cookwendio Leander, TX
- Not added to any groups yet!