Jalapeno Hollandaise Sauce:From twill10 3 years ago
- jalapeno HOLLANDAISE SAUCE: from the cooking channel shopping list
- 2 sticks butter shopping list
- 4 egg yolks shopping list
- 2 tablespoons champagne vinegar shopping list
- 1 teaspoon fresh lime juice shopping list
- 1 small fire-roasted jalapeno, chopped shopping list
- Pinch cumin shopping list
- Pinch kosher salt shopping list
- I think it would be interesting to make a sauce for some pasta starting with this as a base. Would have to make sure not to break the sauce. shopping list
How to make it
- In a small saucepan over low heat, bring the butter to a boil, being careful not to scorch the butter. In a blender, mix the egg yolks and champagne vinegar on high speed. With the blender running, add the melted butter in a slow, steady stream. The sauce should be somewhat thick and custard-like; if it is too thick, add water, 1 teaspoon at a time, to thin. Stir in the lime juice, roasted jalapeno, cumin and salt.
The Cooktwill10 Cape Girardeau, MO
- Not added to any groups yet!