Butternut Squash SoupFrom twohot 2 years ago
- 3 tbsp oliver oil, divided shopping list
- 1 medium butternut squash, halved lengthwise,seeds discard, washed , and reserved shopping list
- salt and black pepper shopping list
- 1 medium onion, chopped shopping list
- 2 stalks celery, chopped shopping list
- 2 carrots, chopped shopping list
- 2 garlic cloves, minced shopping list
- 6 cups chicken broth, shopping list
- 2 tsp minced canned chipoltle chilies in adobo shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
- Using 1 tablespoon of the olive oil, grease the sliced surface of the squash and season with salt and pepper, to taste. Arrange on a baking sheet and roast until very tender, about 45 minutes. Remove from the oven and let cool.
- In a large heavy pot over medium-high heat, add the remaining olive oil, onion, celery, and carrot, then season with a pinch of salt. Saute until just tender, about 10 minutes. Add the garlic and saute for 2 minutes. Scoop the butternut squash flesh into the pot and stir. Add 4 cups of the chicken broth and bring to a boil. Reduce the heat to low, cover the pot, and simmer until the vegetables are very tender, about 30 minutes.
- Turn off the heat and using an immersion blender, carefully puree the soup until very smooth. If necessary, add more of the remaining stock to create desired consistency. Mix in 2 teaspoons of the chipotle into the soup, and season with salt and pepper, to taste.
People Who Like This Dish 0
- twohot Montreal, CANDADA
- Show up here?Review or Bookmark it! ✔
The Cooktwohot Montreal, CANDADA
- Not added to any groups yet!