Small Miracles Pasta SauceFrom jo_jo_ba 3 years ago
- 1/2 onion shopping list
- 1 tbsp olive oil shopping list
- 3 stalks celery shopping list
- 3 carrots shopping list
- 3 cubanelle peppers (or sweet bell peppers) shopping list
- 1 habanero shopping list
- 1 head garlic (I counted about 15 cloves) shopping list
- 1 cucumber, unpeeled shopping list
- 25 plum tomatoes (ish... I didn't count in the interest of using them up) shopping list
- 1/4 cup white wine shopping list
- 1 sprig rosemary shopping list
- 3 sprigs lemon thyme shopping list
- pinch dry basil shopping list
- pinch black pepper shopping list
- pinch sea salt shopping list
- 1 can tomato paste shopping list
How to make it
- In a food processor, finely chop the onion.
- Heat the oil in a large pot and add the onion. Lower the heat and gently cook, stirring occasionally, 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in the food processor (in batches, no need to clean) dice the celery, carrots, cubanelles, habanero and garlic.
- When the onion is cooked add the diced vegetables, raise the heat to medium-high and cook until they soften.
- Finally, in the food processor puree the cucumber and the tomatoes. Set aside.
- Add the wine to the pot and stir in well, let cook 1 minute.
- Add the herbs and pureed tomato-cucumber mixture, stir in.
- Lower the heat and simmer, stirring occasionally, for 1 1/2 hours.
- Using a hand blender (or working in batches in a standard blender or food processor) puree until smooth.
- Season to taste, stir in the tomato paste and cook, stirring occasionally, 30 minutes.
The Cookjo_jo_ba Oshawa, CA
The Rating1 people
great!!!!!!!!!DutchEllen in loved it
On A Budget557 members
Good To Freeze126 members
Gluten Free No Wheat240 members
Eat Light Healthy455 members
Cooking For Food Allergies45 members
The Incredible Allergens8 members
Whole Foods142 members
Garlic Lovers460 members