Curried Chicken And Vegetable PastaFrom eyliable 1 year ago
- 1 skinless chicken breast fillet, chopped into bite-sized pieces (not too small). Feel free to substitute with other parts of the chicken, I just prefer breast. shopping list
- 1/2 medium zucchini, diced shopping list
- 1 bacon rasher, (rind removed) diced into tiny pieces shopping list
- 4-5cm stalk of celery, tiny dice (optional) shopping list
- 3-4 button mushrooms, tiny dice shopping list
- 1/2 medium brown onion, tiny dice shopping list
- approx 4-5 florets of broccoli, chopped into halves or quarters shopping list
- approx 2 cups of uncooked pasta, enough for two people when cooked (I prefer penne for this recipe, but used spirals this time around) shopping list
- milk (only a splash needed) shopping list
- marinade: shopping list
- 1 heaped teaspoon Keens dry curry powder shopping list
- 3/4 teaspoon of mixed dried herbs shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon dried parsley shopping list
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic shopping list
- A good splash of tamari, or soy (if it isn't to be GF friendly) shopping list
- olive oil shopping list
How to make it
- The chicken doesn't need to marinade long, so I usually mix it up first, add the chicken pieces, turn them through, and leave to sit while I prep the other ingredients. By the time I'm ready, it's been long enough. The amount of tamari and olive oil aren't precise (and the powder ingredients are flexible if you want to add more or less of any), I often need to add a little more oil once the chicken is added, to make sure it acts as a nice even coating paste in consistency.
- Once everything is prepared, I add broccoli, zucchini and celery to a steamer and leave until par cooked. While they are steaming, I put chicken (and any excess marinade) into a hot frying pan and stir to seal. Add more oil if needed.
- Add bacon to the frying pan next, allowing it and the chicken to brown a little before adding the onion. Give it all a regular stir, to keep it evenly coloured. Once the onion has softened, turn the heat down before adding the mushroom and continue to stir until it's cooked.
- Next, add a splash of milk to the pan. Just a small one, to deglaze the bottom of the pan a little and help to merge the flavours a bit. After a moment or two, I usually add another splash. This a visual thing, just enough so there's a bit of something to work through the pasta. I'd say no more than a 1/4 of a cup at the most).
- Note: Milk is all I had at hand, cooking cream would be lovely, I'm sure, or even a dollop of sour cream.
- Lastly, I add a small teaspoon of parmesan cheese to the mix and stir through, before adding the steamed veggies. Leave for around 3 minutes, stirring every so often, until the vegetables have joined the dish nicely.
- Serve with cooked pasta, either just on top, or you can mix it through the pan before dishing up.
The Cookeyliable Wonderland, AU
- Not added to any groups yet!