Vegan Baked BeansFrom stormy_ide_girl 2 years ago
- 16 oz dry white beans or dry pink beans, rinsed shopping list
- 3-6 cloves garlic, minced shopping list
- 1- 2 onions minced shopping list
- 2 c ketchup shopping list
- 1 c water (I use the bean water) shopping list
- 3/4 c brown sugar or other sweetener shopping list
- 2 tbsp vinegar shopping list
- 2 tbsp coconut aminos (or say sauce) shopping list
- 2 tbsp yellow mustard shopping list
- coconut or olive oil shopping list
- salt, pepper to taste shopping list
How to make it
- Put beans in a large pot of cold water, cover, and bring to a boil. Turn off and let sit for an hour, then drain, cover with fresh water and a lid, and simmer until tender, about another hour or so.
- Meanwhile, saute garlic and onion in oil until really caramelized.
- Spray a large dutch oven or baking pan with nonstick cooking spray, add the beans, onion mixture, pepper to taste. Don't add salt until you taste the beans because the sauce will concentrate as it cooks and there's a lot of sodium in the ketchup. Mix up enough liquid to cover the beans by about an inch.
- Stir it all together, make sure the beans are completely covered, cover the baking pan, and then bake at 350° for about an hour, until the sauce is nice and bubbly.
People Who Like This Dish 0
- stormy_ide_girl Virginia Beach, VA
- Show up here?Review or Bookmark it! ✔
The Cookstormy_ide_girl Virginia Beach, VA
- Not added to any groups yet!