Tortellini SoupFrom britnik 4 years ago
- 1 (3.5 ounce) link of sausage ( iuse italian or country mild) shopping list
- 1 cup chopped onions shopping list
- 2 cloves garlic, minced shopping list
- 5 cups beef stock shopping list
- 1/3 cup water shopping list
- 1 ( 24 oz) can of whole tomatoes shopping list
- 1 cup chopped carrots shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano shopping list
- 1 cup tomato sauce shopping list
- 2 small zucchini, chopped shopping list
- 8 ounces cheese tortellini shopping list
- 1 green bell pepper, chopped shopping list
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley shopping list
- 2 tablespoons grated parmesan cheese for topping shopping list
How to make it
- Place the sausage in a large pot over medium high heat and saute for 10 minutes, or until well browned. Drain the fat except for about 1 tablespoon, add the onions and garlic and saute for 5 more minutes.
- 2. Next add the beef stock, water, tomatoes, carrots, green peppers, zuccini ,basil, oregano and tomato sauce. Bring to a boil, reduce heat to low and simmer for 40minutes, skimming any fat that may surface.
- add tortellini, and parsley to taste. Simmer for 10 minutes, or until tortellini is fully cooked. Pour into individual bowls and garnish with the cheese.
The Cookbritnik Colorado Springs, CO
- Not added to any groups yet!