Apple - Walnut LoafFrom jo_jo_ba 4 years ago
- 1 egg shopping list
- 3 cup non-fat Greek yogurt shopping list
- 2 tbsp ground flaxseed shopping list
- 1/3 cup spelt flakes (or Kamut flakes or large-flake rolled oats) shopping list
- 2/3 cup Demerara (or dark brown) sugar shopping list
- 1 tbsp vanilla shopping list
- 2/3 cup spelt flour shopping list
- 2/3 cup flour shopping list
- 3/4 cup ground walnuts shopping list
- 1 1/4 tsp baking soda shopping list
- 1 tbsp pumpkin spice shopping list
- 3 unpeeled, diced apples shopping list
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 350F, grease a loaf pan.
- In a large bowl, beat egg with yogurt.
- Stir in the flaxseed and spelt flakes. Let stand 10 minutes.
- Add the brown sugar and vanilla to the yogurt mixture and blend in well.
- Whisk together flours, ground walnuts, baking soda, and spice in a medium bowl.
- Add the dry mixture to the yogurt mixture and mix to blend, then fold in apple pieces and chopped walnuts.
- Bake on the lowest rack of the oven for 55-60 minutes, until it tests done.