Crock-pot Chicken And Cornbread DressingFrom iamericap 2 years ago
- 1 chicken (skinned, cleaned, and cut up) shopping list
- water shopping list
- salt shopping list
- pepper shopping list
- celery flakes shopping list
- parsley flakes shopping list
- onion powder shopping list
- garlic powder shopping list
- 4 pkgs of Morrison’s corn-Kits (this is the brand I use, but use whatever type you like best) shopping list
- 4 eggs shopping list
- 2 2/3 cup milk shopping list
- 6 2/3 cups (4 pkgs) crumbled cornbread shopping list
- 2-3 packed cups shredded, de-boned chicken meat (depending on how meaty you want it) shopping list
- 3-4 cups of chicken broth (depending on how moist you want it) shopping list
- 1/2 cup (one stick) of lightly salted butter (melted) shopping list
- 2 eggs shopping list
- 3 tsp poultry seasoning shopping list
- 1 1/2 tsp salt shopping list
- 1/4 tsp pepper shopping list
- 1 tsp parsley flakes shopping list
- 1/2 tsp celery flakes shopping list
- 1/4 tsp sage shopping list
- 1/4 tsp onion powder shopping list
- 1/8 tsp garlic powder shopping list
How to make it
- Skin, clean and cut up the chicken. Place into a large pot. Fill pot with water to about 1 inch higher than the chicken. Season with salt, pepper, celery flakes, parsley flakes, onion powder, and garlic powder. (Although you want it pretty salty, go easy on the rest of the seasonings.) Bring to a boil, cover, and turn heat down to medium.
- Prepare 4 packages of Morrison’s Corn-Kits, according to instructions on back of package. You can do it in 4 separate pans, or one big casserole dish. Just note, that if you do one big one, it will take significantly longer to cook.
- Crumble the cornbread, and pour into crock-pot.
- The chicken is ready when the meat can easily be torn from the bone with a fork. Separate the chicken from the broth and put the chicken into a large bowl. Refrigerate chicken for 20 minutes or so, until it can be handled without burning yourself.
- Shred the chicken, and discard bones, cartilage, etc.
- Add the rest of the ingredients to the crock-pot, and stir well.
- Cook on high for 1 hour, stir, and check to make sure it isn't too dry.
- Cook on low for 1 hour, stir, and check to make sure it isn't too dry.
- Cook on low for 1 more hour.
- (Will be cooked for a total of 3 hours.)
- Serve and enjoy!
The Cookiamericap Dallas, TX
- Not added to any groups yet!