Good Ol' Sweet Potato PieFrom dancingfox 4 years ago
- 4 medium sweet potatoes shopping list
- 1/2 cup butter, softened shopping list
- 3/4 cup white sugar (use 1/2 is you want to lessen the sweetness) shopping list
- 1/2 cup milk shopping list
- 2 eggs shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon shopping list
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract shopping list
- 1 (9 inch) unbaked pie crust (I cheat here and usually buy the premade ones, or the mix that you just add water and oil to) shopping list
How to make it
- Boil sweet potatoes whole in skin for 40 to 50 minutes, or until done.
- Run cold water over the sweet potatoes, and remove the skin.
- Break apart sweet potato in a bowl.
- Add butter, and mix well with mixer.
- Stir in sugar, milk, eggs, nutmeg, cinnamon and vanilla.
- Beat on medium speed until mixture is smooth.
- Pour filling into an unbaked pie crust.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 55 to 60 minutes, or until knife inserted in center comes out clean.
- Pie will puff up like a souffle, and then will sink down as it cools.
- Some people like to melt marshmallows on top of sweet potato pie, but I personally don't think this one needs it. Usually I just plop a big spoonful of whipped cream on top and enjoy!
The Cookdancingfox Butler, PA
- Not added to any groups yet!