Turkey MoussakaFrom ttaaccoo 3 years ago
- 1 large eggplant or 6 or 8 small eggplants-cooked shopping list
- evoo shopping list
- 1 medium onion, chopped shopping list
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped shopping list
- 1 pound ground turkey shopping list
- 3/4 cups crushed canned tomatoes shopping list
- 1/2 cup tomato paste-- I used 3 T. of paste in a tube shopping list
- 3/4 t. ground oregano shopping list
- 1/4 t. cinnamon shopping list
- 1/3 cup parmesan cheeese. shopping list
- non-stick spray shopping list
- Cream Sauce (recipe follows) shopping list
How to make it
- In a large skillet, add oil and saute the onions for about 5 minutes and add the garlic. Now add the ground turkey, and stir constantly for 5 more minutes. Add the tomatoes and paste and oregano and cinnamon. Simmer about 10 more minutes until most of the liquid is evaporated.
- Preheat oven 350
- Line the bottom of an 8 X 8 inch greased pan with a layer of half of the eggplant slices. sprinkle with half the parmesan. Spoon in the turkey mixture. Now layer the balance of the eggplant. Spoon cream sauce over top and sprinkle with the 2nd half of the parmesan. Bake 30 minutes until hot and bubbly.
- Cream Sauce
- 1 cup milk, divided
- 1 T. butter
- 1 egg
- 2 1/2 T. a-p flour
- dash of salt
- Heat half cup milk and the butter. In a small saucepan, beat egg, the remaining milk, flour and salt together until smooth. Slowly add milk and melted buttermixture in a thin stream, stirring with whisk constantly. Bring to a slow simmer and cook for 1 minute.
The Cookttaaccoo Buffalo, NY
- Not added to any groups yet!