Orange CheesecakeFrom circlemoon8 3 years ago
- 1 ⅓ cups white sugar shopping list
- 1 cup vanilla wafer crumbs shopping list
- 8 oz softened cream cheese shopping list
- 1 ¼ cups heavy whipping cream shopping list
- 3 eggs shopping list
- ¼ teaspoon vanilla extract shopping list
- ¼ cup melted butter shopping list
- 1 orange, no skin, or white pith shopping list
- 1 package orange jello shopping list
- 1 cups boiling water shopping list
- ½ cup cold water shopping list
- ⅓ cup orange juice shopping list
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch shopping list
- 8 sprigs fresh mint, for garnish shopping list
- orange zest, for garnish shopping list
How to make it
- Grease a 9 inch spring form pan.
- Combine the vanilla wafer crumbs with ¼ cup of the sugar and stir in the melted butter. Press this mixture on to the base of the pan and freeze it until you are ready to add the filling.
- Beat the cream cheese with the egg yolks, vanilla, and ¾ cup of the sugar.
- Beat the egg whites, and then fold them into the egg yolk mixture.
- Beat the cream into stiff peaks, and then fold it into the cheesecake batter.
- Chop the orange flesh into small pieces, ensure all the skin and pith have been removed, and then stir half of it into the batter.
- Pour the cheesecake filling into the pan and freeze it for 4 hours.
- Stir the jello into the boiling water and keep stirring until it all dissolves. Stir in the cold water, and then let the jello thicken up a bit.
- Stir the rest of the chopped orange flesh into the orange jello, then pour it over the frozen cheesecake and leave it to set in the refrigerator.
- Combine the cornstarch with the remaining ⅓ cup of white sugar. Stir in the orange juice and turn the heat up to medium. Bring the mixture to a low boil, stirring it all the time until it is clear and thick.
- Let the sauce cool, and then drizzle it over the cheesecake.
- Keep the cheesecake in the refrigerator until you are ready to serve it.
- Garnish each serving with some strips of orange peel and a sprig of fresh mint.
The Cookcirclemoon8 Mesa, Arizona
- Not added to any groups yet!