Gf Vegan Thin MintsFrom jo_jo_ba 4 years ago
- 1 cup rice flour shopping list
- ½ cup sorghum flour shopping list
- ¼ cup millet flour shopping list
- ¼ cup sweet rice flour shopping list
- ¼ cup arrowroot starch shopping list
- 7 tbsp unsweetened dark cocoa powder, sifted shopping list
- ½ tsp salt shopping list
- ½ cup vegan margarine, room temperature shopping list
- 2 tbsp shortening shopping list
- ¾ cup sugar shopping list
- ¼ cup brown sugar shopping list
- 3 tbsp soy or rice milk shopping list
- 5 tbsp vodka shopping list
- ½ tsp pure vanilla extract shopping list
- 1 tbsp peppermint extract shopping list
- 10 oz bittersweet chocolate shopping list
- 1 tbsp shortening shopping list
- ½ tsp peppermint extract shopping list
How to make it
- In a small bowl, whisk together flours, starch, cocoa powder and salt.
- In a large bowl, cream together margarine, shortening and sugars.
- Add soymilk, vodka and extracts. The mixture will look curdled.
- Gradually, add in the flour mixture until fully incorporated.
- Shape dough into two logs, about 1 ½” in diameter, wrap in plastic wrap and freeze for at least 1-2 hours, until dough is very firm. (Note: You can also shape into a disc and refrigerate 2 hours for rolled cookies) See Photo
- Preheat oven to 375F, line baking sheets with parchment or silicone.
- Slice dough into rounds not more than ¼” thick – otherwise they will not be crisp.
- Place on the sheets fairly close together – they don’t spread that much.
- Bake 14 – 15 minutes.
- Cool cookies completely on a wire rack before dipping in chocolate.
- Combine chocolate and shortening in a double boiler over simmering water.
- Melt until chocolate is smooth. Stir in the extract.
- Dip each cookie in melted chocolate and transfer to a wire rack set over a piece of wax paper to set up for at least 30 minutes – 1 hour.
People Who Like This Dish 1
- jo_jo_ba Oshawa, CA
- Show up here?Review or Bookmark it! ✔
The Cookjo_jo_ba Oshawa, CA
Sweet Tooth447 members
Good To Freeze128 members
Gluten Free No Wheat240 members
Cooking For Food Allergies45 members
Original Recipes143 members
Special NeedsRestricted55 members
Christmas All Year182 members
Eggless Cooking Egg Substitues50 members
Dairy Free110 members