Beef Stew 1From sufia 3 years ago
- 1 pound lean sirloin, cut in cubes shopping list
- 2 tablespoons flour shopping list
- 1 1/2 cups beef broth shopping list
- 1 clove garlic, minced shopping list
- 1 red onion, cut into eighths lengthwise shopping list
- 1 cup baby carrot shopping list
- 1/2 pound small mushrooms shopping list
- 1/2 cup parsley, finely chopped shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon thyme shopping list
- 2 potatoes, cubed. shopping list
How to make it
- Heat oven to 500 degrees. Place flour in a zip lock baggie and put beef cubes in bag. Close and shake to cover all beef cubes with flour. Place floured cubes in an oven-proof pan sprayed with cooking spray. Cook in 500 degree oven for about 20 minutes, until browned. Remove from oven and let cool on stovetop for 5 minutes. Gradually add broth to pan and stir to loosen browned bits.
- Add garlic, 2 tbs. parsley and thyme. Cook covered on medium low heat for about 1 hour until beef is tender. Add carrots, cleaned mushrooms and cubed potatoes. Cook 20 minutes or until vegetables are tender. Sprinkle with parsley before serving. Add more broth if mixture becomes too dry.
The Cooksufia JP, INDIA
- Not added to any groups yet!