Chicken-Orzo SoupFrom cjbarash 4 years ago
- 1 (32 oz) container fat-free low-sodium chicken broth, divided shopping list
- 1/2 cup uncooked orzo shopping list
- 2 tsp olive oil shopping list
- 2/3 cup coarsely chopped carrot shopping list
- 1/2 cup coarsely chopped celery shopping list
- 1/2 cup chopped onion shopping list
- 3/4 lb boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1/2 inch cubes shopping list
- 1 1/4 cups water shopping list
- 3 fresh parsley sprigs shopping list
- 1 fresh thyme sprig shopping list
- 4 cups fresh baby spinach shopping list
- 1 Tbsp fresh lemon juice shopping list
- 1/4 tsp salt shopping list
- 1/8 tsp black pepper shopping list
How to make it
- Bring 1 3/4 cups broth to a boil in a medium saucepan.
- Add orzo and cook 10 minutes or until done.
- While orzo cooks, heat a large saucepan over medium heat.
- Add oil to pan; swirl to coat.
- Add carrot, celery, onion and chicken.
- Cook 3 minutes, stirring constantly.
- Stir in remaining 2 1/4 cups broth, 1 1/4 cups water, parsley and thyme.
- Bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat; cover and simmer 10 minutes or until vegetables are tender.
- Discard herb sprigs.
- Add orzo, spinach, juice, salt and pepper.
- Simmer one minute.
The Cookcjbarash Humble, TX
- Not added to any groups yet!