Marsala Steak SandwichFrom jo_jo_ba 3 years ago
- 1 cup marsala wine shopping list
- ¼ cup olive oil shopping list
- juice and zest of 1 lemon shopping list
- 3 cloves garlic, crushed shopping list
- 1 tbsp fresh thyme leaves shopping list
- 1 tbsp dried parsley shopping list
- 1 tsp mustard powder shopping list
- 2 tbsp minced onion shopping list
- 1 tsp coarse ground pepper shopping list
- 1 ¼ lbs raw flank or chuck steak, shaved shopping list
- 2 tbsp butter shopping list
- 2 sweet onions, thinly sliced shopping list
- 5 oz baby spinach or arugula shopping list
- salt and pepper to taste shopping list
- 4 oz sliced Provolone shopping list
- 2 cloves garlic, halved shopping list
- 4 focaccia or ciabatta buns, halved and toasted shopping list
How to make it
- Mix wine through coarse pepper in a large, non-reactive shallow pan.
- Add shaved steak and stir to coat. Place in the refrigerator for 8-12 hours. Remove from the marinade and pat dry.
- Strain marinade into a saucepan and bring to a boil. Cook five minutes, set aside.
- In a large, deep skillet over medium-low heat, melt the butter.
- Add the onions and cook, stirring occasionally, until they are a rich golden colour – about 15 minutes. Remove from the pan, reserving the liquid, and set aside.
- Return the pan to the stove, raise the heat to medium-high and add the steak.
- Cook, stirring, until halfway done, then add the onions, baby spinach and ¼ cup of the boiled marinade.
- Stir well, cover and cook until spinach is wilted.
- Add 2 tbsp more marinade, then top with a layer of the sliced Provolone. Cook until cheese is thoroughly melted. Remove from heat.
- Rub each cut side of each toasted bun half with the cut garlic cloves.
- Spoon ¼ of the pan mixture onto one half of each bun and press down well.
- If desired, serve boiled marinade alongside for dipping.
The Cookjo_jo_ba Oshawa, CA
Comfort Foods770 members
Original Recipes143 members
No Sugar Low Sugar Cooking94 members
Family Favourites134 members
FROM SCRATCH146 members
Ethnic Family Traditions Our Heritage Together134 members
Nut Free5 members
Home Cooking58 members
Italian Recipes22 members
Theres A Light On In The Kitchen31 members