Fish N ChipsFrom lisamurraychef 1 year ago
- frying oil (I use peanut) about 8 cups shopping list
- 4-8 pieces cod or similar type fish shopping list
- 1 cup flour shopping list
- 1/4 tsp salt shopping list
- 1 egg shopping list
- 1 Tbsp melted butter shopping list
- 2/3 cup milk shopping list
- 6-8 large regular potatoes cut up shopping list
- malt vinegar shopping list
How to make it
- I use an electric deep fryer with a thermometer attached. Heat oil to about 350 deg. Mix together flour, salt, egg, butter and milk (can use buttermilk) well. Dip fish pieces and coat well with thick batter, then put into the hot oil. I do not use the basket for these as they stick. Cook about 5 minutes for small pieces, 8 for larger. Drizzle in the left over batter for crackin. Use tongs to transfer cooked fish to a paper towel to drain. You can keep fish warm in a warm oven while you do the chips.
- I use the basket for the chips. Put potato pieces into the basket and into the hot oil and cook 10-15 minutes or until done. Drain and transfer to paper towel to drain. Serve with Malt Vinegar.
The Cooklisamurraychef Nowhere, Us
- Not added to any groups yet!