Ema Datshi- Bhutanese Chili Cheese StewFrom sm8085 1 year ago
- Ema: shopping list
- 8-10 jalapeño/Anaheim/poblano peppers, red and green, sliced lengthwise shopping list
- 4-6 wax peppers sliced lengthwise (optional) shopping list
- ¼ medium onion sliced thin shopping list
- 1 cup water shopping list
- Cheese sauce: shopping list
- Equal parts of the following to make 2 cups of grated cheese: shopping list
- Queso Quesadilla Jalapeño shopping list
- colby Monterey Jack shopping list
- Part-skim Mozzarella shopping list
- Plus: shopping list
- ¼ cup crumbled feta shopping list
- 2-4 Tbsp grated Parmesan shopping list
- 4 Tbsp whole milk shopping list
How to make it
- Seed the chilies and chop each one into 4 pieces (lengthwise).
- Combine the cheeses and milk stir well and keep handy.
- Combine the chillies, onion and water and bring to a boil till chillies are cooked, but not mushy, and the water is reduced to about a quarter cup
- Add the cheese mixture, stir well, reduce the heat and allow the cheese to melt in the heat and mingle well with the chillies, turn off heat
- Add salt to taste (Note that the feta is already salty)
- Serve with jasmine rice.