Rice Pudding- My WayFrom sm8085 4 years ago
- 1 litre (4 cups) whole milk, plus more as required shopping list
- 100 g (3.5 oz) short grained rice (soaked for half an hour) shopping list
- sugar-as much/little as you want shopping list
- 1 can (400 g/14 oz) sweetened condensed milk shopping list
- 1tsp cardamom powder shopping list
- ½ cup mixed dried fruit and nuts (like raisins, almonds, cashews) shopping list
- a few strands of saffron dissolved in 1 tbsp of warm milk shopping list
- 1 tbsp clarified butter shopping list
How to make it
- Boil the milk, condensed milk and sugar in a deep, heavy-bottomed dish.
- When the milk comes to a boil, add the rice and simmer. Cook till the milk thickens and reduces to half its original volume.
- Heat the butter in a wok and roast your dry fruits. Add them (reserve some for garnishing) to your pudding mix and cook for another 5 mins.
- Take it off the heat and add the saffron. Stir well.
- Allow it to cool.
- Garnish with the remaining dry fruits.
- Chill before serving.