My Easy LasagnaFrom circlemoon8 4 years ago
- 2 1/2 - 3 lbs ground beef, cooked drained shopping list
- 2 cans (jars) speghetti sauce (your choice, I like Hunts) shopping list
- 1 container cottage cheese shopping list
- cheddar cheese -- I use about 1 1/2 - 2 cups shopping list
- fresh parmesan cheese -- (last time I used 4 cups!!) shopping list
- garlic powder shopping list
- parsley flakes shopping list
- black pepper shopping list
How to make it
- To the cooked and drained beef, in a large frying pan, add speghetti sauce. (I make a well in the middle of the beef and add some of the sauce first, allowing it to cook a bit -- this changes the taste of the tomato sauce and makes it taste like you been cooking it all day!) Stir the cooked sauce into the meat and add remainder of the sauce to the pan. Season to taste.
- In the cottage cheese container stir in parsley flakes, garlic power, black pepper. Mix together really well.
- In a 9x13 baking dish, spoon a thin layer of the meat mixture on the bottom. Top with a layer of uncooked lasagna noodles. On top of the noodles add 1/2 of the cottage cheese mixture and spread over the noodles. Add another layer of noodles and more cottage cheese; top with another layer of noodles (don't open another box, if it won't cover. Just use what is left and lay it out evenly as possible.) Top the noodles with a layer of Parmesan cheese then top with meat mixture. Add another layer of Parmesan cheese and Cheddar cheese.
- Bake at 350 for 1 hour. Pull the lasagna out and let it set for at least 15 minutes before cutting and serving!
The Cookcirclemoon8 Mesa, Arizona
- Not added to any groups yet!