Spanish Rice With Pan-seared Adobo Chicken ThighsFrom chefmal 3 years ago
- About a cup of white rice, any length grain shopping list
- Package of 3 chicken thighs, rinsed and skinned shopping list
- 1/2 can black beans, rinsed like hell shopping list
- 4 shallots (or onions) chopped shopping list
- 1/2 bell pepper diced (tip: if you want your dish colorful, don't use orange ones like I did, especially if you have a crappy camera phone) shopping list
- 2 garlic cloves, minced shopping list
- 3 Tbsp Recaito (I love this stuff, great for diets) shopping list
- 2 Tbspns lime juice, plus more for the pan shopping list
- 1/2 packet chicken bullion shopping list
- 1 Tbsp each: dried parsley, dried basil and Buttloads of adobo seasoning. You can also use sazon but I hate that crap. Yeah, you heard me right. Get over it. shopping list
How to make it
- Boil rice in a separate pot while veggies and herbs pan-sear in a saucepan over medium heat. Saute' veggies until caramelized, about 5-7 minutes.
- Add chicken and brown on both sides, stirring the veggies around frequently so they don't burn.
- When the rice is done, add beans, cooked shallots, lime juice, peppers and garlic, recaito and chicken bullion, then mix well with the rice.
- Put in tin-lined cooking tray (sprayed with pam) with the browned chicken, sprinkle extra adobo and lime juice on the meat and bake at 350 F for 45 minutes, stirring rice occasionally to keep it fluffy.
- Extra Tip: The rice will get a bit crisp in the oven, so if you aren't a big fan of that texture, you could always cook it in a dutch oven or ceramic pot with a lid, or just put a layer of tin foil over the pan.
- Serve the beans and rice in 1/2 cup portions along with one chicken thigh if you're trying to lose weight. Eat the whole damn thing if you're not, I don't care. Enjoy it either way.
- And yeah, it makes the house smell really good. Just don't go to sleep right after or you'll wake up with a megazord stomach ache. Just sayin'.
The Cookchefmal Brooklyn, NY
- Not added to any groups yet!