Thai Fire Noodles :pFrom sm8085 3 years ago
- 15–20 (or to taste) Thai bird chilies, stemmed and seeded shopping list
- 5–10 cloves garlic shopping list
- 1 pound rice noodles shopping list
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil shopping list
- 2 whole boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into bite-sized pieces shopping list
- 2 tablespoons fish sauce shopping list
- 2 tablespoons sweet black soy sauce shopping list
- 1 tablespoon oyster sauce shopping list
- 1 teaspoon white pepper shopping list
- 1½ tablespoons sugar shopping list
- 1 (8-ounce) can bamboo shoots, drained shopping list
- 4 cups baby spinach shopping list
- 1½ cups loose-packed basil and/or mint shopping list
How to make it
- Place the chilies and garlic cloves in a food
- processor and process until thoroughly mashed
- together; set aside.
- Pour boiling water over noodles until they are completely submerged. Once the noodles are tender, drain and run them under cool water. Keep aside.
- Heat the oil in a wok or large skillet over medium-high heat. When it is quite hot, carefully add the chili-garlic mixture and stir-fry for 15 seconds to
- release the aromas.
- Turn up the heat, add the chicken, and stir-fry
- until it begins to lose its color, about 30 seconds.
- Stir in the fish sauce, soy sauce, oyster sauce, white pepper, and sugar.
- Add the noodles and continue to stir-fry for 30
- seconds, tossing them with the other ingredients.
- Add the bamboo shoots and cook for another minute.
- Turn off the heat and add the basil and/or mint. Serve hot!