Vegan Salsa Verde EnchiladasFrom ttaaccoo 5 years ago
- 6 corn tortillas shopping list
- Indian squash (like zucchini, but less watery and very mild), thinly sliced 1/4 to 1/2 inch thick shopping list
- 1 t. cumin (i mortar and pestle this, sooo fragrant) shopping list
- chile con limon, or any other latin chile powder, or concoction ie habenaro!!! shopping list
- 1 cupbaby bok choy , roughly chopped shopping list
- 1/2 an onion, chopped mediumsize shopping list
- 5 swiss cheese slices(Galaxy rice milk) cut in tiny squares shopping list
- 1/4 cup walnuts and pecans, roughly chopped shopping list
- 5 scallions, chopped--both filling and Garnish shopping list
- 1 roma tomato, sliced for garnish shopping list
- 1/2 t. garlic powder 1/2 t. onion powder shopping list
- 3 T. Tofutti better than sour cream shopping list
- 1/2 cup Trader Joes salsa verde shopping list
- salad greens washed, dried, laced with 1 t. balsamic or wine vinegar shopping list
- optional: guacamole dollops (posted here shopping list
- 8 X 8 square , 10 inch square 7 X !0-----all would work. I like pyrex--easy cleaning. Spray with pam before filling. shopping list
- other filling ingredient ideas: olives, red peppers, quinoa, rice, couscous, green beans, etc. shopping list
How to make it
- Set oven to 375. On a baking pan, spread out the squash, sprinkle
- 1 t. cumin and a few shakes of chile con limon,. Bake for 20 minutes, and when starting to brown, turn them over and continue in the oven for 15 minutes. Check for a bit of brown-ness, set aside to cool. (my squash really shrunk). This step can be done the day before.
- To soften the corn tortillas, I put them in a microwaveable bowl, stacked, with a dampened paper towel between and on top of the tortillas. Zapped less than a minute--check for pliability/softness. Keep warm .
- Filling: chop the roasted squashes , and combine in a bowl with the chopped onion, baby bok choy, the chopped "cheese", half the scallions, the garlic and onion powders., and the nuts.
- .Take a warm tortilla and spoon the filling into it, rolling up, as you fill.
- Drizzle the sauce over the enchiladas. Bake in preheated 350 oven for 25 minutes, and check for bubbliness, may need to add a bit more sauce, or a bit of broth, or both.
- To serve buffet style, garnish the enchiladas with tomato slices, scallions scattered over the top.
- Mix the salsa verde with the sour cream, I use a bit more salsa than cream (personal taste)
The Cookttaaccoo Buffalo, NY
- Not added to any groups yet!