Superbowl Beer RoastFrom JDumonski 5 years ago
- 3-4 lb roast shopping list
- 1lb carrots (cut/sliced into 3-4" pieces) shopping list
- 1lb parsnips (cut/sliced into 3-4" pieces) shopping list
- 1 Large bag of frozen peas shopping list
- 8oz sliced mushrooms shopping list
- 4 celery stalks (rough chop) shopping list
- 1 Large onion (diced) shopping list
- 5-8 cloves of garlic (minced) shopping list
- 2 Habeneros (diced finely) shopping list
- 6oz Can of tomato paste shopping list
- 24oz Any good dark IPA beer shopping list
- 1qt beef stock shopping list
- 2 bay leaves shopping list
- salt/pepper/EVOO/butter shopping list
How to make it
- Season roast with salt and pepper, dust with flour and brown on all sided in a deep pot.
- Remove roast and set aside.
- Combine Onion and Habenero, cook till translucent breaking up the bits on the bottom of the pot. Add EVOO and butter as needed.
- Add garlic and let cook for 3 mins.
- Add carrots, parsnips, mushrooms, celery and cook for 5 mins, stirring often.
- Add both bottles of beer, beef stock, tomato paste and bay leaves, stir to combine.
- Add roast back into the pot. Let simmer on low for 4-5 hrs.
- Add peas, cook till soft.
- Slice roast and serve over a bed of mashed potatoes.
The CookJDumonski Meriden, CT
- Not added to any groups yet!