Burmese Chicken/ Vegetable KauksweFrom sm8085 2 years ago
- 2.5 lbs boneless chicken thighs cubed / or mixed veggies like carrots, green beans and cauliflower chopped shopping list
- 1 lb egg noodles/linguine (I used ramen) shopping list
- 2 tbsp ginger garlic paste shopping list
- 2 medium onions, chopped finely shopping list
- 1 cups split yellow peas-soaked for at least 3-4 hours (I soak mine overnight) shopping list
- 1 can coconut milk shopping list
- 1 tbsp fish sauce/soya sauce shopping list
- ¼ tsp turmeric shopping list
- cayenne pepper to taste shopping list
- 4 tsp ground coriander shopping list
- 2 tsp ground cumin shopping list
- 2 cubes chicken bouillon/ or vegetable bouillon (I use Maggi Magic Cubes) shopping list
- vegetable oil shopping list
- To Garnish (use anything you like, I normally use these): shopping list
- 1 cup boiled eggs, chopped into not too small bits shopping list
- lime wedges shopping list
- cilantro shopping list
- spring onion, finely sliced shopping list
- fried onions/garlic shopping list
- Chopped jalapeno/ chili flakes (skip if you don’t want it) shopping list
- I add these: crushed Pringles (salt & vinegar flavor) shopping list
How to make it
- Boil the lentils in a pan with water, till soft (Use 4 cups of water for every cup of lentils). Blend the lentils once they’re done. (I normally use the pressure cooker to make lentils)
- Heat oil in a deep heavy-bottomed pan and add the chopped onion. Fry till soft.
- Add the ginger and garlic paste and fry for 2 minutes.
- Add the chicken, coriander, cumin, cayenne and turmeric powder. Fry for another 5 minutes or so.
- Add the lentil paste, coconut milk, fish/soy sauce, salt to taste and cook the mixture till the chicken is tender.
- Boil the noodles according to the instructions on the package. Strain and run cool water over them. Pour 1 tbsp of oil over the noodles to keep them from sticking, and toss to mix well. Keep aside.
- To Serve:
- Add the following in a deep bowl (for each person): noodles topped with the chicken & lentil mix and the rest of the garnishes. Serve with a dash of lime juice.
People Who Like This Dish 0
- sm8085 Nowhere, Us
- Show up here?Review or Bookmark it! ✔