Stir Fried Cabbage- South IndianstyleFrom sm8085 4 years ago
- Shredded cabbage – Half of one medium sized cabbage shopping list
- Sliced shallots – 1/2 cup shopping list
- Grated coconut – 1 Cup shopping list
- Finely chopped garlic – 4 or 5 cloves shopping list
- cumin seeds – 1/4 tsp shopping list
- Slit Green Chillies – 3 or 4 shopping list
- turmeric – A pinch shopping list
- salt to taste shopping list
- oil – 2 tbsp shopping list
- mustard seeds – 1/2 tsp shopping list
- curry leaves – A sprig shopping list
How to make it
- Coarsely grind the coconut, turmeric powder, shallots, cumin, garlic and green chilies.
- Add a little salt to the cabbage.
- Heat the oil in a pan and splutter the mustard seeds. Add curry leaves and saute for a minute.
- Add the shredded cabbage and saute for 2 minutes.
- Next add the coconut mixture and combine everything together.
- Cover the pan and cook on a low flame, stirring occasionally for around 8 mins. (Don't add any water)
- Remove the lid and stir fry for another 4-5 minutes so that the cabbage gets crunchy.
People Who Like This Dish 0
- sm8085 Nowhere, Us
- Show up here?Review or Bookmark it! ✔