Cheesy Chicken And Rice EnchiladasFrom circlemoon8 1 year ago
- ½ onion, diced shopping list
- 2 Boneless chicken breasts, cut into bite-size pieces shopping list
- 2 TBS oil shopping list
- 2 cups cooked rice shopping list
- ½ cup sliced black olives - I use a whole can shopping list
- 20 oz enchilada sauce --This is where I use homemade -- I'm too picky shopping list
- 15 oz salsa shopping list
- 8 large tortillas shopping list
- 4 cups cheese, shredded shopping list
- salt and pepper, to taste shopping list
- sour cream shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 375. Grease a 9×13 baking dish.
- Heat oil in a large skillet and add chicken and onion; season with salt and pepper. Cook until onion is soft and chicken is lightly browned and cooked through.
- Combine the cooked rice, chicken and onion mixture, and olives in a large bowl.
- Dump enchilada sauce and salsa in skillet (I use the same one from the chicken) and warm over low heat until just warm.
- Warm tortillas in oven 10-15 seconds until slightly warmed.
- For assembly -- have everything close at hand!
- Spoon some of your enchilada sauce into your baking dish to coat the bottom. Dip a tortilla in the skillet with your enchilada sauce so that both sides are nice and coated. Place it flat in your baking dish and spoon some of your chicken/rice mixture in. Sprinkle a small pinch of cheese over the mixture and put about a tablespoon of sour cream on top. Roll up the tortilla and put it seam side down at the end of your pan. Continue with the remaining ingredients until the pan is nice and full. Drizzle remaining sauce over enchiladas and then cover with cheese. (You can add more sliced olives to the top if you’d like!)
- Bake for 30 minutes or until the cheese is nice and melted and bubbly.
The Cookcirclemoon8 Mesa, Arizona
- Not added to any groups yet!