Cheating Chicken & DumplingsFrom hythlae 4 years ago
- 3lbs thin sliced chicken breasts, cut into cubes shopping list
- 6lbs frozen mixed vegetables (carrots, peas, corn, green beans) shopping list
- 1 onion, diced shopping list
- 1 package chicken broth concentrate shopping list
- 1tsp. cumin shopping list
- freshly ground pepper shopping list
- 2 cups all-purpose flour shopping list
- 1 tablespoon baking powder shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 1/4 cup cold unsalted butter shopping list
- 3/4 cup milk shopping list
How to make it
For the Filling
- 2 hours before dinner time, combine chicken, vegetables, onion, chicken broth, and spices in a slow cooker.
- Place on high heat.
- Cook until chicken no longer shows any pink in the center.
- Preheat the oven to 400F.
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, baking powder, and salt.
- Using a pastry blender or 2 knives, cut the butter into the flour mixture.
- Stir in the milk until a soft dough forms.
- Gather the dough into a ball on a heavily floured surface.
- Roll the dough out to 1/4" depth.
- Use a glass to pierce dough into biscuit-sized rounds.
- Ladle the filling (now cooked and well-combined) into a 9x13 glass or metal pan. Spread evenly.
- Place the biscuits in even rows on top of the filling.
- Bake for 10 minutes or until biscuits are golden brown on top.
- Serve immediately, be sure to keep the biscuits on top of each serving!
The Cookhythlae San Diego, CA
- Not added to any groups yet!