Bacon Cheddar BiscuitsFrom gatorbaby 5 years ago
- 3 cups all-purpose flour shopping list
- 4 tsp. baking powder shopping list
- 3/4 tsp. salt shopping list
- 1 stick cold unsalted butter shopping list
- 1 cup Microplane® Extra Coarse grated cheddar cheese shopping list
- 1/2 cup chopped green onions shopping list
- 6 bacon slices, finely chopped and fried until crisp shopping list
- 1 1/2 cups milk shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Lightly spray a baking pan with nonstick cooking spray. In a large bowl, sift together the flour, baking powder and salt. Using a pastry blender cut in the butter until it resembles coarse meal. Add the cheese, green onions and bacon; using a fork, stir until evenly distributed. Add the milk; using a rubber spatula, stir until just combined. Knead lightly for 30 seconds and roll to 3/4 inch. With a cutter, punch out 2-inch rounds. Bake until the biscuits are golden and a toothpick inserted into the center of the biscuit comes out clean, about 30 minutes. Transfer the pan to a wire rack and let cool. Let cool for 5 minutes before serving. Makes 7 biscuits.
The Cookgatorbaby Patterson, LA
- Not added to any groups yet!