Donuts & Plum PuddingFrom sm8085 4 years ago
- 8 ripe plums, halved and pitted shopping list
- 1 cup sugar, plus 4 tsp for the plums shopping list
- 10-12 donuts (without icing) shopping list
- ½ cup butter, melted shopping list
- 2 cups cream shopping list
- 2 cups milk shopping list
- 4 eggs shopping list
- 1 tbsp vanilla essence shopping list
- icing sugar to dust shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 180C/350F. Butter a baking dish.
- Lay plums skin side down in the baking dish and spoon 1/2 teaspoon of sugar into the centers. Bake just until the juices start to drip (around 15 minutes). Set aside to cool for a few minutes, carefully remove to a plate along with the remaining juices.
- Place the donuts in a baking dish (place it a little upright and at an angle). Tuck the cooled plums in between the donuts.
- Whisk the eggs in a bowl and then add milk, cream, vanilla extract and sugar and whisk well. Pour into a jug and then pour over the donuts and plums. Drizzle with the remaining plum juices and bake in the oven for between 30 and 40 minutes, or until the custard is set and donuts are nicely puffed up.
- Dust with icing sugar and serve!