Ground Turkey PastillaFrom ttaaccoo 2 years ago
- 1 lb. ground turkey shopping list
- . 1 T. fresh ginger root , chopped shopping list
- 1 T. cinnamon or to taste shopping list
- 1 T. honey shopping list
- 2 cups broth --had turkey broth in freezer shopping list
- 2 eggs shopping list
- 1 cup slivered almonds --roasted, chopped shopping list
- 2 cups sliced fresh cabbage shopping list
- 2 cups Indian squash, peeled, cubed shopping list
- curry powder shopping list
- 1/2 cup chopped dates shopping list
- phyllo sheets-- shopping list
- non-stick spray shopping list
- 2 T. melted butter--I used this at the top of my layering, drizzling all over, under the last canopy of layered filo shopping list
- 1 -2 T. confectioners sugar shopping list
- more cinnamon shopping list
How to make it
- Saute ground turkey with ginger and cinnamon, and stir in the squash and cabbage. Cook turkey until not pink, and veggies for about 5 to 7 minutes. Add the dates., drain liquid from filling. Set aside.
- Bring the broth to a boil , and let simmer. Add the eggs, 1 at a time, and whisk in the broth . Mine didn't totally cook, it was opaque. Set aside.
- In an 8 inch square dish, spray the non-stick on interior . Place filo on bottom and hanging over the side, place 2nd sheet the opposite way in the dish, spray it. Place one fourth of the turkey/veggies across the bottom, following with 2 more layers of filo. !/3 of the almonds, 2 sheets filo, (spray as necessary). Half of the eggs, spread across the filo. Follow with the rhythm of turkey/ eggs / almonds , including 2 sheets filo between each. When all the fillings are layered, gently turn in the overhanging filo, and top with a 2 more sheets filo. Bake about half an hour, until golden brown 350 d. F.
- Sprinkle with a light covering of confectioners sugar, and a shake of cinnamon
People Who Like This Dish 0
- ttaaccoo Buffalo, NY
- Show up here?Review or Bookmark it! ✔
The Cookttaaccoo Buffalo, NY
- Not added to any groups yet!