Kane's Favorite Chicken EnchiladasFrom sarah42460 3 years ago
- 3 to 4 large boneless, skinless chicken breasts shopping list
- 1 Tablespoon margarine or butter shopping list
- 1 package beef taco seasoning mix (not chicken). shopping list
- 2-3 Tablespoons sour cream shopping list
- 3-4 Cups shredded colby-Jack cheese (or mild cheddar cheese) shopping list
- 1 Large and 1 small can mild or hot beef enchilada sauce shopping list
- 1 dozen 6”-7”soft flour tortillas shopping list
- 1 Box cheesy Mexican rice mix shopping list
- Dash salt shopping list
- Dash pepper shopping list
How to make it
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees.
- In large skillet melt tablespoon of butter. Place chicken breasts in skillet, salt and pepper chicken, cover skillet and cook over medium high heat until done. (Try not to brown the chicken it gets tough on the outside). While chicken is cooking prepare the cheesy mexican rice mix as directed on box. Drain chicken and cut into 1” cubes, discard all fatty pieces.
- Place cubed chicken back in skillet and pour 1/2 of large can of enchilada sauce over chicken. Mix in beef taco seasoning, sour cream, and 2 – 2 ½ cups shredded cheese. Heat until cheese is melted and mixture is hot through and through (taste and make sure you do not need to add anything – more sour cream, more sauce, or cheese – make it the way you like)!
- Spray 11” x 7” baking pan with non-stick cooking spray. Place about 1-1/2 to 2 tablespoons of chicken mixture in center of enchilada and top with about 1-1/2 tablespoons of cheesy Mexican rice. Roll enchiladas up “burrito style” with ends tucked inside. Use a little of the chicken mixture to seal enchiladas closed - you can also lace a tooth pick through the tortillas to secure them closed. Place enchiladas in baking pan, seam side up. Pour remaining enchilada sauce over the enchiladas making sure they are well covered and then sprinkle a generous amount of shredded cheese over the enchilada sauce. Bake uncovered in 350 degree oven for approximately 20-30 minutes, checking to make sure the cheese is not drying out. Remove from oven when cheese is melted and enchilada sauce is bubbling! Top enchiladas with additional sour cream if desired. Serve with remainder of cheesy Mexican rice as a side dish.
The Cooksarah42460 Lees Summit, MO
- Not added to any groups yet!