Mediterranean Stuffed PeppersFrom morninlite 2 years ago
- 8 medium bell peppers (we used two each red, orange, yellow and green) shopping list
- 2 cups prepared couscous shopping list
- 1 lb. ground lamb shopping list
- 1/2 lb. lean ground beef shopping list
- 1/4 large sweet onion diced shopping list
- 1 14 oz can garbanzo beans shopping list
- 1 can diced tomatoes (we used fire roasted) shopping list
- 1 sm. can sliced ripe olives, drained shopping list
- 2 small zucchini, quartered and sliced shopping list
- a dash or two of cinnamon shopping list
- 1 tsp - heaping - mediterranean spice mix shopping list
- 2 cups beef broth shopping list
- juice of 1/2 lemon shopping list
- 8 oz feta cheese shopping list
- salt and Pepper to taste shopping list
How to make it
- Cut tops off peppers, remove seeds and place in 9x13 casserole dish. Add about a 1/2 cup of water, cover with clear wrap, venting a corner and microwave on high for 8 to 10 min.
- Cook couscous according to package directions.
- Cook lamb, beef and onions together until meat is well cooked, and onions are transparent. Drain.
- Combine meat mixture, couscous and garbanzo beans well in a large mixing bowl.
- Put 1 Tbs. feta cheese in each pepper then fill with meat/couscous filling.
- In same pan used for meat, combine tomatoes, olives, zucchini, spices, lemon juice and beef broth. Bring to a boil.
- Scoop a cup of sauce over each pepper, then pour remaining sauce over all. Top with remaining feta cheese.
- Bake in 375 degree oven for 30 to 35 minutes.
People Who Like This Dish 0
- morninlite Kalamazoo, US
- Show up here?Review or Bookmark it! ✔
The Cookmorninlite Kalamazoo, US
- Not added to any groups yet!