Arabic Style Grilled ChickenFrom saramathew84 4 years ago
- Chicken Thighs- 4 (i use skinless, apparently tastes good with skin as well . You may also use chicken breasts if you prefer.So choose whatever you like ) shopping list
- flat bread (I use the arabic flat bread, tortilla should be fine too i believe)-4 shopping list
- pine nuts for garnish shopping list
- All the below ingredients can be altered to taste. shopping list
- FOR THE MARINADE: shopping list
- garlic-5 cloves (can be increased or decreased as per preference) shopping list
- Lemon- 1 shopping list
- olive oil-1/4 cup shopping list
- Sumac- 1tsp shopping list
- salt and pepper to taste shopping list
- FOR THE ONIONS: shopping list
- Olive oil- 1/2cup shopping list
- white onions-2 large ones ( again can be increased or decreased as per taste) shopping list
- Sumac- 1tbsp or to taste shopping list
- salt and pepper to tase shopping list
How to make it
- Whisk all the ingredients for the marinade in a bowl.
- Place the chicken thighs in a freezer bag and pour in the marinade. Zip the bag and mix well to ensure the chicken is well coated.
- Keep aside in the refridgerator for about an hr to 2hrs.
- Preheat oven to 400 degree F.
- Line a roasting pan with aluminium foil, place the chicken and pour the left over marinade from the freezer bag all over the chicken.
- Bake till almost done. (about 10minutes each side , that also depends on the size of piece and the oven you are using)
- In the meanwhile, slice the onions thinly.
- Heat Olive oil in a pan. Fry the onions.
- Add the salt,pepper and sumac. Continue frying till it turns a dark brown i.e. until it caramelises.
- Once the chicken is done remove the pieces from the roasting dish.
- Coat the flat bread (on both sides) in the chicken juices in the pan .
- Place the flat bread individually in the same roasting dish.
- Place a piece of the chicken on each bread. (Idea is that each person gets the bread and a piece of chicken in a serving. So it helps if the bread and chicken pieces are around the same size.)
- Reduce the temperature in the oven to 350 degrees F and place the pan back for about 5-7mins..just until the sides of the bread start to become crisp. This is just to let the bread soak in the liquid from the chicken.
- While that is in the oven, toast the pine nuts in a pan.
- Assembling for individual serving:
- In a plate, place one flat bread topped with one grilled chicken (the way it was in the oven)
- Layer with loads of caramelised onions.
- Sprinkle toasted pine nuts.
The Cooksaramathew84 Dubai, UAE
- Not added to any groups yet!