Southwestern Vegetarian PastaFrom c2max 2 years ago
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil shopping list
- 1 onion, chopped shopping list
- 1/2 green bell pepper, diced shopping list
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped shopping list
- 2 tablespoons chili powder shopping list
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin shopping list
- 1 (28 ounce) can diced tomatoes with juice shopping list
- 1 (15 ounce) can chickpeas shopping list
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen corn kernels, thawed shopping list
- 1 (12 ounce) package uncooked elbow macaroni (or other short pasta) shopping list
- 1/2 cup shredded monterey jack cheese shopping list
How to make it
- Heat oil in a large, deep skillet. Saute onion, green pepper, garlic, chili powder and cumin. Stir in tomatoes, chickpeas and corn. Reduce heat to low and simmer 15 to 20 minutes, or until thickened and heated through.
- Meanwhile, bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Add macaroni and cook for 8 to 10 minutes or until al dente; drain.
- Combine pasta and sauce. Sprinkle each serving with Monterey Jack cheese.
The Cookc2max Naperville, IL
- Not added to any groups yet!